Your ads will be inserted here by
Easy Plugin for AdSense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.
I learned how to make this Tzatziki recipe while I was visiting Athens – everyone who tries it tells me that it’s the authentic recipe they were looking for!
Let me start by apologizing for not posting this sooner. I know I’ve promised you all sorts of Greek recipes, so starting today I am going to deliver! First things first…. Tzatziki.
This is a classic Greek appetizer (or “meze”) made from thick strained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, and fresh dill. It’s super simple to make and a hit at any get-together!
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC GREEK TZATZIKI
- 1/2 a large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Grate the cucumber and drain through a fine mesh sieve overnight in the fridge.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer the grated cucumber and fresh dill to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Serve chilled with pita bread for dipping.
Food recipe from https://thewanderlustkitchen.com