Your ads will be inserted here by
Easy Plugin for AdSense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.
These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the old classic chimichanga.
You won’t even miss these Baked Chicken Chimichangas being fried because they get nice and crispy in this oven-fried version! These can easity be made at home so keep this recipe in your keeper file.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN CHIMICHANGAS
- 2 cups cooked chicken , chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves , crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions , chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- diced tomato , sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
Food recipes from https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com