These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the old classic chimichanga.
You won’t even miss these Baked Chicken Chimichangas being fried because they get nice and crispy in this oven-fried version! These can easity be made at home so keep this recipe in your keeper file.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN CHIMICHANGAS
- 2 cups cooked chicken , chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves , crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions , chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- diced tomato , sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
Food recipes from https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com