I know I missed Cinco de Mayo and didn’t post this recipe in time, but Chicken Fajitas all great all the time. These stuffed peppers have all of the flavors of chicken fajitas with none of the grains.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FAJITA STUFFED PEPPERS
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 2 Tbsp Fajita seasoning
- 2/3 cup of water
- 6 bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place the bell peppers into the cavity of a muffin tin (regular or jumbo depending on the size of your peppers). And place the muffin tin pan on a baking sheet.
- Heat ghee or cooking oil of choice In a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the cauliflower rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, seasoning, and water then stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute.
- Fill the cavities of the peppers with the filling and then top with cheese (if desired)
- Place the peppers in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Food recipes from http://holisticallyengineered.com